Here’s a list of frequently asked questions.
If you cannot find the answer here please get in touch by calling 01270 584 564 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Are your boots suitable for turnout?
They are designed for stable use only with the exception of the Equine Magnetix Ankle Boots. These boots can be used in both the stable and field.
2. Can I exercise my horse in the Equine Magnetix magnetic boots?
Our magnetic boots are designed to be used in the stable and should not be used during exercise.
3. Can I travel my horse in the magnetic rug?
Yes, this is one of the best times to use the Equine Magnetix Rug.
4. How do I wash your products?
The magnetic rug can be washed at 30 degrees and the magnetic boots and wraps can be hand washed. If you wish to put the magnetic boots or wraps in the washing machine, please protect in a wash bag and place on a hand wash setting.
5. Can I use your products for prolonged periods of time?
Yes, a good time to use our products is overnight, whilst your horse is travelling or standing in the stable. If you have not used Magnetic Therapy on your horse before then you need to build them up slowly before using it for longer periods of time.
6. Can I put the boots and rug on overnight?
7. What type of magnets do you use?
In all our rugs and boots we use neodymium (rare earth) magnets, unipolar north facing at 2,000 gauss each.
8. How long will the magnets last?
Equine Magnetix uses neodymium magnets which are one of the strongest magnets available on the market. Their magnetic strength will last approximately 15 years.
9. What’s the difference between the magnetic ankle boots and bell boots?
The magnetic bell boots are used to cover the hoof and the magnetic ankle boots can be used either above or below the fetlock joint. As they are covering a similar area, customers choose either type of boot to treat conditions such as navicular and laminitis.
10. Do I have to cover the exact area?
Not necessarily, however as close as possible is best. For example, you can use the magnetic stable boots to help with conditions associated with the knee.
11. Which product is the best one to use?
See our Magnetic Therapy Table which can help you decide.